Jobs with Ecotrust
Ecotrust currently has one (1) opening.
Ecotrust's mission is to inspire fresh thinking that creates economic opportunity, social equity and environmental wellbeing. Our goal is to foster a natural model of development that creates more resilient communities, economies, and ecosystems here and around the world. Ecotrust's programs and approach are based on the premise that economic, ecological and social equity systems are mutually interdependent: the triple bottom line. Founded in 1991 and based in Portland, Oregon, Ecotrust works in several programmatic areas: Fisheries, Forests & Ecosystem Services, Indigenous Affairs Program, Food & Farms, Whole Watershed Restoration, Marine Planning, and Knowledge Systems.
Ecotrust is a casual, team-oriented workplace located in Portland's historic Pearl District. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Ecotrust is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to promote diversity through its hiring decisions.
Position/Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
The Point 97 Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for helping develop, implement and measure strategic integrated marketing campaigns. The position includes content development, researching industry trends, supporting and executing on marketing plans and activating social media/engagement tools and using them within targeted Point 97 campaigns.
The Marketing and Communications Manager assists in knitting together public relations, advertising, brand management and design to form a cohesive marketing communications campaign.
- Identify campaigns best suited to achieve business and marketing objectives for target customer segments that are in line with Point 97 branding and positioning.
- Develop content for brand and project communication channels, including website, eNewsletter, press releases, case studies and social media
- Lead email lead qualification and conversion programs and campaign execution.
- Develop appropriate sales tools to support new product introductions, including alignment with established geo regions, audience and/or industry positioning/messaging.
- Analyze lead generation results and provide timely reports to all key stakeholders. Work with Campaign Monitor platform to ensure results lead generation data is acted on promptly.
- Integrate latest innovations, clients and best practices in communications (i.e E-newsletter) to continually seed markets, improve reach and ensure Point 97 is top of mind in target markets.
- Support Business Development and Integrated Solutions in crafting marketing/communication plans, programs, and campaigns that support the Point 97 overall market objectives.
- Execute campaigns and programs through a variety of tactics and channels, including: collateral, events such as road shows and tradeshows, advertising, sponsorships, public relations, social media, and digital marketing. Coordinate with Marketing Director in collaboration with Biz Dev and Integrated Solutions when relevant to equip these teams with campaign messaging and materials to target existing markets and shape new ones.
- Develop metrics and measurement tools with Director of Marketing to evaluate and maximize ROI of campaigns.
- Deliver metrics on campaign performance, analytics, and recommend campaign improvements for continuously optimized marketing efforts.
- Keep abreast of relevant market trends, competitive activities, legislative issues, and end-user issues
- Effectively translate value proposition and other content into an effective campaign.
- Identify, synthesize and prioritize key issues facing marketing and communications teams and resolve roadblocks
- Work cross-functionally and globally, identifying synergies between businesses and markets to drive efficiencies and consistency of Point 97 messaging.
- Deliver complex projects to meet demanding feature, cost, quality and introduction date targets by juggling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Regular meetings with Director of Marketing, Business Development and Integrated Solutions.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing.
Qualifications and skills:
- 3 to 5 years experience in marketing, communications or environmental management
- Excellent writing and communication skills in relation to a diverse set of audiences
- Self-motivated, analytical, creative, quick learner, organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines for a variety of marketing deliverables
- Demonstrates initiative with a results-orientation, while exhibiting strong drive and leadership
- Skilled at working with Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required; experience with graphic programs (e.g. PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) is desirable
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include links to your work or professional profile.
About Point 97:
Point 97 is the first high-tech, for profit spin-off of Ecotrust, delivering technology solutions and engagement strategies for coastal and marine planning in regions around the world. Working to improve marine and coastal management practices, Point 97 helps partners and clients strengthen coastal communities and ocean ecosystems, bridge different ocean user perspective and implement management decisions in an inclusive and transparent way. Learn more at pointnineseven.com.