Where food people connect
FoodHub is a dynamic marketplace and online directory that makes it easy and efficient for professional wholesale food buyers and sellers to research, connect, and do business. If you’re based in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alaska or California, you should be here! It is free to join, easy to use and a great place to meet and do business over food.
FoodHub’s strength lies in the number, diversity and the engagement of our members. It is scale-neutral and production-practice-neutral.
Why join FoodHub?
- Because you want to spend 10 seconds, not 10 hours, finding the perfect case of peaches.
- Because when your next potential customer searches for your product, you want your name to pop up on the screen.
- Because there has never been more interest in buying and selling local food.
Who is FoodHub for?
- Buyer: Bakeries, buying clubs, caterers, colleges or universities, culinary schools, food banks or food assistance programs, food service contractors, grocers, healthcare facilities, hotels, motels, resorts and B&Bs, packer/processors, personal chefs, restaurants, schools or specialty retailers.
- Seller: Farmers, ranchers, fishermen, dairies, brewers, distilleries, wineries, food processor/manufacturers, brokers or wholesale distributors.
- Associate: Academic or research institutions, certifiers, commodity commissions, farmers’ markets, government agencies, logistics or transport providers, NGOs, service providers/suppliers to the food/ag trade, or trade associations.
- Distributor: Distribution is an important part of the local food chain. We'd like to know how FoodHub can better serve this unique sector. Email us at to give feedback.
A Comprehensive Catalog of Buyers and Sellers
FoodHub engages the entire community of food professionals — buyers, sellers, associates and distributors — and gives Members the ways and means to engage with a highly qualified audience, build relationships and make lasting connections. It’s one-stop shopping of the very best kind.
Need to find a regional supplier for an item on your seasonal menu? Have a lot of something perishable that needs to move quickly? Visit FoodHub Marketplace — often called the “Craigslist.com” of local food. Whether seeking or selling a product, you can create a post in seconds that will be visible to the entire community. Check back daily to keep a thumb on the pulse of wholesale food in your area.
A FoodHub business profile allows potential customers to get to know you and your business intimately. You, in turn, can identify and solicit your perfect customer.
FoodHub is a robust interactive directory that allows you to find what you need quickly and easily. When you look for a product, the site returns a list of every FoodHub Member who deals in that item. Through easy, in-line sorting and filtering tools you can find your perfect match by proximity, variety, member type, or a host of other attributes.
Project Partners and Funding
FoodHub is a social venture business of Ecotrust, made possible by the generous support and contributions of many.
We are particularly indebted to the Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) and the Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA). We applaud their vision and collaborative spirit.
Resources to develop a detailed business plan, test the concept with potential users, and evaluate software applications were initially provided by the WK Kellogg Foundation, Bullitt Foundation, Newman's Own Foundation and USDA's Rural Business Enhancement Grant (RBEG) program.
To build FoodHub, Ecotrust received support from the Annenberg Foundation, Eugene Water & Electric Board, Farm Aid, Bill Healy Foundation, Newman's Own Foundation, Oregon Department of Agriculture, Russell Family Foundation, USDA's Rural Business Enhancement Grant (RBEG) program and the Washington State Department of Agriculture.
Ecotrust also worked in close consultation and collaboration with a wide range of individuals and organizations. Idle curiosity, advice, letters of support, encouragement, constructive criticism, feedback on FoodHub's business model, and great collaborative goodwill were provided by a long list of colleagues. The list grows daily and is too numerable to spell out here, but we thank you for generously sharing your time and insights.
For more information, contact:
503.467.0816 or toll free at 855-FOODHUB, or email